Saturday 25 June 2016

Woven Baby Wipe Strips

Ahh I knew that title would catch your eye.

Now that I have your attention, I would like to recall what I did earlier this day. I think we can all agree that Anna's last post was very ... interesting. So, now it's my turn to write an "interesting" post.
Today, my little sister had a softball tournament and I was watching one of her games. I was kind of bored, and wanted something to do. So I did what any normal person would do and I took a handful of grass and tried to weave it. I imagined the moms sitting around me being impressed by my weaving skills and convincing me to start a business where I weave grass and make my creations into all natural dish cloths to sell. I would teach all their daughters how to weave and I'd hire them and pay them and give them iced tea and basically be the best boss ever. Anyways, I snapped back to reality and continued trying to weave. Now, I don't weave. It's never been something I do. I just decided to start all of the sudden while I was watching softball. Unfortunately, even though it was a nice day, there were many breezes and my grass kept flying away. The pieces were too short. I looked for some water so I could kind of "stick" the blades together but it was useless. Then, I remember I had scissors and a big pack of baby wipes in my bag. So I took a baby wipe and cut it into 12, about an inch-wide strips. Since the wet wipes were moist, they would be easy to weave. So I began to weave, and made a 6 strips by 6 strips square. I folded the edges over, and I felt pretty darn proud of myself. I felt as though the woven wipe would have twice the cleaning powers of the old, regular wipe. Unfortunately, I kinda ruined it when a big breeze came and I was unprepared. So I took this strips and realized I could make long confetti pieces with them. So I laid the 12 strips out on the lid of a box that I had with me and put them into the sun beside to me to dry. They didn't dry much but I didn't care. When the game was over, even though our team had lost, I took this strips over and threw them like confetti. It did not work very well.
 A pic of my baby wipe strips drying.

No comments:

Post a Comment