Thursday 2 June 2016

Nut String...thingy

So, last night I wasn't allowed to watch TV after dinner, so I was all like, "hmm, what am I going to do?" and it came to me; ill put a couple if nuts and croutons on the end of a string, hang it low outside my bedroom window and see if they're gone in the morning! so I got 1crouton, 1 almond, and 2 cashews, and used.... like... if you sew you know what this is, its like a little metal tool used for sewing called a "seam ripper" and its got like a sharp, forked end, but anyways, I used one of those to widdle little holes in the ends of the nuts and crouton, and threaded them onto a pink string. I was careful about where I tied it though; I didn't want some animal to accidentally get their head caught in the string and accidentally hanging themselves. So then I was like, "I'm gonna cut some aluminum shards from a can of  Coke and tie them to the end of the string, so like, in night, if something comes along to eat the bait, it will pull the string, making the shards rattle around, waking me up so I can see it.".

Well, nothing rattled that night, but I wasn't disheartened. In the morning, I woke up at a regular time, and checked the string.

It was covered in slug slime, and by the looks of it, the slug tried its very hardest to gnaw at the almond.

i'll check again after school.

That's a slug... hmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment